[GNC] Starting balance of new account is not $0

Phyllis Bruce pobruce46 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 10:09:27 EDT 2023

Derek, when you *first came into Gnucash* did you enter current balances as
equity?  Any balance on a credit card would be negative to equity.  Your
cash accounts would be positive.  It's not too late to do that.  Enter the
beginning balance on the statement you are trying to reconcile as equity
for that account.  Use help to get to the tutorials and best practices.