[GNC] Today's search....for .lck

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 7 17:34:36 EDT 2023

Yeah, I'm suspecting the "can't write to file" message is when trying to
save the file back to its original location which is under a different
user than the one who's desktop is front and center at that moment.

But we'll need that error message screenshot to confirm.

And then there is the obvious backup file(s) mess to clean up. And as
you note, that will likely involve copying files from one user to
another and correcting their permissions accordingly. (before any
cleanup within GnuCash itself!)

I'm not versed on such, but I'm sure someone here is.

Regards,
Adrien

p.s. — I used to use Gmail for this list till I discovered the same
problem so I switched to an account provided by my ISP and it has been a
few years with no issues. (though I now use the list via gmane. And that
reminds me, I'm long overdue for a wiki write up for gmane I promised!)