[GNC] Bug in GnuCash 5.3 Stock Assistant

Carsten Hütter Carsten.Huetter at gmx.de
Thu Aug 10 10:57:01 EDT 2023

While reading my posting again in the list, I found the reason for the
GNC_ERROR_ARG error. The current stock assistant version doesn't accept
the empty value for the fees and fills in the word "fehlt" ("missing").
Version 5.1 did not show this behavior beforehand. Entering the value of
zero ("0") in 5.3 leads to the generation of the transaction including
the corresponding splits with no errors.

So there remains just the minor issue of not showing the number of
shares... And telling the wrong transaction type in German
("Aktienteilung" means shares split, not long buy).