[GNC] Update F::Q in flatpak GC?

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 14 12:58:11 EDT 2023

> On Aug 14, 2023, at 04:33, rsbrux via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> I am running GC 5.3+ as a flatpak under Ubuntu  Studio 22.04 LTS.
>
> The included F::Q version is 1..56, which I have modified with the Yahoo as JSON patch already published to this mailing list.
>
> However, it looks as though the current F::Q release, 1.58, includes quite a few fixes for various sources.
>
> The last I heard,  it wasn't possible to update F::Q within a flatpak installation of GC.  Is that still the case?
>
> If so, when can a flatpak update of GC containing F::Q 1.58 be expected?
>
> If not, how can I update F::Q within my flatpak installation?

The update will be available when someone (probably I) have time to update the F::Q module in gnucash-on-flatpak. That update will be immediately available in nightly builds; it won't be available on Flathub until the regular release at the end of September.

It's not possible to use CPAN, and consequently gnc-fq-update, in the flatpak, but you can do it manually similarly to the way you applied the yahoo_json patch: Download and untar the release tarball or clone the repo then copy Quote.pm and the contents of Quote/ into the right places in your flatpak.

Regards,
John Ralls