[GNC] Migrating from Quicken

Theana Wessels theana.wessels at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 04:31:21 EDT 2023

Good day,

I am migrating from Quicken, I have read the migration documentation but am
experiencing problems with migrating the business data.

I've exported all the Quicken data in one QIF file. The "normal" financial
data migrated successfully with accounts created for all the Quicken
categories etc, but all the business data is grouped under one account
called "business bills". The categories used in the business centre in
Quicken are not replicated with accounts in GnuCash.

 When importing the QIF file, I do get messages about unknown account
types.

*Account type: The account type "Bill" is unknown, using Bank instead.*

*Account type: The account type "Invoice" is unknown, using Bank instead.*
*Account type: The account type "Tax" is unknown, using Bank instead.*

I was considering editing the QIF file, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
Theana