[GNC] Finance::Quote not working on MacOS

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Wed Dec 6 01:57:09 EST 2023

Hello, Kunagu:

On 2023-12-05 22:35, kunagu varun kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot get Finance::Quote to get to working on my laptop. I’m getting an error "Failed to initialize Finance::Quote: missing_modules Finance::Quote”.
>
> varun at Varun-Mac ~ % /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/gnucash-cli --quotes info
>
> Application Path /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/gnucash-cli
> Failed to initialize Finance::Quote: missing_modules Finance::Quote
>
> varun at Varun-Mac ~ % sudo /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update
>
> Password:
> Reading '/Users/varun/.cpan/Metadata'
>    Database was generated on Wed, 06 Dec 2023 00:17:01 GMT
> Test2 is up to date (1.302198).
> Finance::Quote is up to date (1.58).
> JSON::Parse is up to date (0.62).

Recent macOS changes, such as the advent of Apple Silicon-based Macs,
and increased security controls, have made the methods for installing
Finance::Quote more complex, with variations for different situations.

Some questions you can answer to help us help you:

Q1. What version of GnuCash are you using?

Q2. What version of macOS are you using?

Also, read the following sections of the GnuCash wiki, and see if they
apply to you:

<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes#Installing_Finance::Quote_on_macOS>

<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes#Multiple_Perl_installations_on_macOS>

<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes#Technical_details_on_macOS>

Does that help you progress?  Come back with answers to the above
questions, and with questions based on reading the above sections of the
wiki. Perhaps we will be able to help you some more.

Good luck!

     —Jim DeLaHunt