[GNC] Selling an unpaid invoice to another business at face value?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Dec 6 02:10:05 EST 2023

Sorry Morgan, I didn't mean to exasperate you.

What I meant by 'How would you do this on paper?', was, "Using Pen and
Ink, How would you record this according to standard Accounting rules?"

If you can do it with pen and ink, you can likely do it with GnuCash.

So the question, for this list, is rarely, if *never*, "What should I
do?" You should already know (or been otherwise professionally advised
of) that answer, have already attempted to do so using GnuCash, have hit
some sort of stumbling block, and then request assistance.

We cannot provide accounting or legal advice here. Even if some of these
users are officially qualified to do so, in their respective
jurisdictions, and even if their jurisdiction matches yours, this is not
the proper forum for such advice.

But once you have that answer, we can help with the mechanics of the
software if you can't figure it out on your own.

----
Your attempted goal still isn't clear. As I noted, originally in your
first post it appeared as if *you* were changing business entities and
wanting to transfer debt owed by customers from one entity (which you
were closing) to a succeeding entity.

Now it appears that you want to 'sell' a debt of a customer to some
outside entity.

How you go about these two is quite likely very different, but in any
case, no one here can offer you that advice.

You *must* obtain that advice from professional sources and then if you
can't figure out how to implement that advice, ask here. When you ask,
you already need to have been advised of the accounts to be involved and
how the money is to 'flow' with the respective transactions.

Regards,
Adrien