[GNC] UI Problem with 4.14

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:05:15 EST 2023

Robert,

Once you get used to it, this method is about as hser friendly as possible
given the overall register design.

I have found that for the size and resolution of the monitors that I
currently own, I first need to adjust the display setting to default to a
smaller font size to get more text into the register width, then I might
double click in the headers of some columns to show the widest entry
completely.  Then I drag the right edge of the description column to the
left to remove the scrollbar at the bottom.  I need to repeat for each
account that I use regularly, then close the Gnucash program with those
registers still open to save those settings in the .gcm file for that data
file, as mentioned by others.

One mor litle gem, if a window opens too big to see a button at the bottom,
for example, hold down the Alt key and grab anywhere in the window with the
mouse and you can drag it around as needed.