[GNC] Definition of document root

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Mon Dec 11 18:19:40 EST 2023

On 2023-12-11 06:40, Brook Milligan wrote:

>> On Dec 10, 2023, at 9:53 PM, Jim DeLaHunt <list+gnucash at jdlh.com> wrote:
>>
>> Have you looked through the bugs database[1][2] to see if there is
>> already an enhancement request for this behaviour?
> I am not finding anything, but perhaps I am searching the wrong terms.

I had some success doing an advanced search for the phrase "document
link", asking the search to require all search terms:

<https://bugs.gnucash.org/buglist.cgi?product=GnuCash&query_format=advanced&short_desc=document%20link&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr>

It finds 7 bugs, three with status "resolved", four with status "new".
None of them mention Document Root in the summaries.

I suggest you file a bug report, mentioning "Document Root" and "link"
in the Summary. That should make it discoverable. If you have questions
about filing a bug report, please follow up here on the list, and we
will try to help you clean it up.

Thank you for this idea!

Best regards,
       —Jim DeLaHunt