[GNC] gnucash-cli doesn't retrieve quotes from "unknown" sources

Gustavo R. Montesino grmontesino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 20:27:20 EST 2023

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 2:20 PM john <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2023, at 03:07, Gustavo R. Montesino <grmontesino at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2023 at 9:30 PM john <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>
> On Dec 10, 2023, at 03:40, Gustavo R. Montesino <grmontesino at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm running gnucash 5.4 from Debian testing/sid repo and getting
> updated commodity quotes through "gnucash-cli --quotes get".
>
> Recently I've noticed that gnucash-cli isn't getting quotes from
> "unkonwn" Finance::Quote sources; the same commodities get updated
> quotes correctly if run from the Price dialog.
>
> Running gnucash-cli with "--debug", the affected commodities doesn't
> show up on the "Query JSON" posted on the console; running the gui
> with debug they show correctly on gnucash.trace, eg:
>
> 8:23:47  INFO <gnc.price-quotes> [GncQuotesImpl::query_fq] Query JSON: {
>   "defaultcurrency": "BRL",
> (...)
>   "tesouro_direto": {
>       "Tesouro Prefixado 2026": "",
>       "Tesouro Selic 2027": "",
> (...)
>
> Could someone please help me with this?
>

> Does it work correctly if you request individual quotes from gnucash-cli, for example
>    bin/gnucash-cli -Q dump tesouro_direto "Tesouro Prefixado 2026"
>

> Hello John,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Individual/specific quotes work perfectly:
>
>    ~$ LANG=C gnucash-cli -Q dump tesouro_direto "Tesouro Prefixado
> 2026"Finance::Quote fields GnuCash uses:
>        symbol: Tesouro Prefixado 2026<=== required
>          date: 12/08/2023      <=== recommended
>          currency: BRL             <=== required
>          last: 818.37          <=\
>           nav:                 <=== one of these
>         price:                 <=/
>

> Please remember to copy the list on all replies.
>
> OK, good. Can you figure out when it stopped working and what might have changed in your system around that time?

Hello,

I'm not really sure when this problem started, but the quote
availability on my pricedb gets visibly irregular since around the end
of august. Checking the apt logs, although this is some strong
guesswork, I do think this has stopped working after upgrading to
gnucash 5 (from 1:4.13-1 to 1:5.1-1 to be precise).

Regards,

Gustavo R. Montesino