[GNC] Linux Mint version of Gnucash 5.4 Stopped Generating Reports

Charlie Morrison sail43 at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 14 08:16:57 EST 2023

If you have an Nvidia GPU, there is an issue rendering reports in
Linux.  There is a bug report discussing it and it may be fixed for the
next release but I'm not sure about that.  The report information is
there but you can't see it.

The workaround is to set an environmental variable that disables
compositing in Webkitgtk. You can check to see if this fixes it for you
by starting Gnucash in the terminal using the following command:

WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1 flatpakrun org.gnucash.GnuCash

If that allows you to see the reports, then setting the environmental
variable "WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1" will fix it.  I have no
idea how to do that in Linux Mint however.