[GNC] USAA OFX Direct Connect stopped working

Jonathan Knepher jbk at wild-e.com
Sat Dec 16 14:52:30 EST 2023

I have been having this issue since Dec 6 2023.  I called USAA twice
(once each to tech support and banking), and was assured both times that
my account is still active.  They escalated and came back with something
along the lines of -- keep trying it should start working again sometime...

In the past, I would get the validation error in Chromium, but not in
Firefox.  I now get that error in Firefox, Chromium on Linux, and on
Windows as well.

I tested from a fresh test machine without any financial software, doing
the whole login process, and the error happens quite early, without any
interaction other than the browser authentication redirects, so I don't
see how it could be related to gnucash unless they have state cached on
their end to keep us locked out.

Jon