[GNC] Import issue

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 17:51:04 EST 2023

You forgot to cc to users.  I did it for you this time.

My point was that, like the OP, sometimes GnuCash does not present the
correct, or any existing transaction to match an incoming transaction to
during the import, so the only option left is to import as new.
There is no option to create a match to an arbitrary existing transaction
that GnuCash did not offer.

This is a sticky wicket anyway, because there is always the possibilty of
many very similar existing transactions to choose from in some cases.

For OFX imports there is the extra possibility that the UUID may have been
previously used or re-used inadvertantly,  but I know I see a few cases
where that is not the reason that there is no match offered.