[GNC] Installing version 5.5

jbonnett at internode.on.net jbonnett at internode.on.net
Mon Dec 18 18:34:32 EST 2023

Hi All,

I have got GnuCash v5.5 installed, and all is well, but I had a little
problem on the way.

I closed my running GnuCash v5.4 and started the setup for v5.5. It
complained that GnuCash was still running, although I had closed it. I
assumed that was due to those spurious processes that got left running with
the previous version. I guess I could have used Task Manager (I am on
Windows 10) to kill them off but instead I just rebooted my machine and ran
the setup for v5.5 again. It ran fine that time.

Hope this helps someone else.

John Bonnett