[GNC] GnuCash getting worse?

Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) stan+gc at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 28 19:12:30 EST 2023

On 2023-12-28 14:34, Fred Bone wrote:
> The other approach is PortableApps. The current GnuCash Portable is 5.4.

Are the portable apps produced by the GnuCash team or by same third
party? I would worry that a bug in the "real" GC might not occur in the
portable one, for instance if writing to %APPDATA% or accessing the
Windows System Registry is concerned. And it could go the other way too:
the process of portabilizing might create a bug that was not in "real"
GC, wasting debugging time.

I don't know enough about the code base to know that these things _will_
happen, but unless we're really certain they cannot I'd prefer to see
extra volunteer testing on "real" GC.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com