[GNC] GnuCash getting worse?

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 01:21:57 EST 2023

On Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 7:03 PM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> I'd offer as a comparison other projects and commercial products where
> the developers aren't nearly as 'Johnny on the Spot' or as helpful and
> responsive, or even accessible, but then, that wouldn't be any
> comparison at all.
>
> This dev team is hands down awesome and why I continue to use GnuCash
> and likely always will.
>
> I don't mind the bugs. I get that isn't for everyone, but then, simply
> don't be so quick to upgrade. That goes for any product, digital or
> physical.

Fair enough. I very much admire the dedicated people who work on GnuCash. I
really like it and have no plans on moving away from it, unless I'm forced
to (for example, if GnuCash were to be abandoned and then not run on later
OSs)

I was just expressing concern that the last few releases seem far more
bug-ridden than I remember any of the 4.x releases being.

There are bugs that I don't mind (usually related to features I don't use -
heh). Other bugs could be bad.

--
Richard Losey
rlosey at gmail.com