[GNC] How to force y in reconcile field

Fred Bone Fred at mandfb.me.uk
Thu Feb 2 17:10:19 EST 2023

On 02 February 2023 at 21:40, Xe Roy said:

> It looks like the FINISH button only is active if there is zero
> difference. I will have to wait for the next statement in order to
> reconcile and get a zero difference.

Yes, you can only "Finish" once you have verified a zero difference.
That's the whole point: if there's a difference, you need to find the
reason for it and make the necessary correction.

However, what you were trying to do was repair an accidental change in a
previously-reconciled transaction. You already have a statement you can
reconcile against. Set the date to the date of that statement, the
closing balance to its closing balance, and you will be able to complete
the reconciliation.