[GNC] "Nested" Expense Category Report

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Fri Feb 3 18:28:28 EST 2023

On 2/3/2023 5:53 PM, Maf. King wrote:
> I think the profit and loss report may be a start point for you, Steve.
>
> the option "Parent Account subtotals : Show Subtotals" might be useful.
>
> HTH,
> Maf.

Yes, "Profit and Loss" (or the same report by one of its other names.
With gnucash you first run a report and then edit the options you want.
You get to control things like depth of nesting, how subtotals are
shown, etc. I suggest you play around with options till you get what you
want. Note that THIS report is always for a time interval so you will
always (well almost always) be setting the start and end dates.

Michael D Novack