[GNC] Entry of unknown transaction

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Feb 8 00:51:43 EST 2023

This might be a timing case.

There are different ways to handle it, some just ignore it, but one
method is to employ an 'undeposited funds' account for checks you
receive into a book that have yet to be deposited and cleared as an
intermediary account. This allows you to show a receipt date, and then a
deposited or cashed date that reflect real world events.

Otherwise, do they show up in an income or expense account? If so, show
splits or turn on View > Transaction Journal mode to see the other side
of the transaction and fix it if incorrect.

If you can't find them at all (by doing a Find) then double check that
your expected registers don't have a Filtered view turned on.

And no, nothing should be in the 'Imbalance' or 'Orphan' accounts. If
there are transactions in them, you should investigate and find out what
those accounts should be and fix them. (nothing wrong with a
Expenses:Miscellaneous account for very infrequent transactions, I have
a few of those)

Regards,
Adrien