[GNC] GC cannot make backup file

gnucash.list at 3prong.com gnucash.list at 3prong.com
Thu Feb 9 09:11:52 EST 2023

I've
 started getting an error message that GnuCash "could not make a backup
of file" at X:\OneDrive\Documents\[GnuCash data folder], where X: is a
virtual drive created by the Boxcryptor app encryption app, that
contains the local OneDrive folder which backs up the Documents folder
to the cloud. It's been a very handy hands-off encrypted off-site backup
 method for me.

(BoxCryptor
 recently cancelled support for net-enabled sign-in, but my local app is
 now configured to work without any connection to their server, and I
don't see any problems with any other app.)

I suppose this is the reason why this is occurring:

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2016-May/065653.html

Indeed, there is a tmp file that is left behind.

The problem doesn't impede the functionality.

And sometimes the backup save succeeds anyway.

I'm wondering whether any further action should be taken by me, other than dismissing this error and proceeding?