[GNC] Migrating from PC to Mac

Martin Taylor martin at martintaylor.nz
Thu Feb 16 18:48:40 EST 2023

   Thanks
   Where do I find the data file?

   On 17/02/2023 12:35, David Cousens <davidcousens49 at gmail.com> wrote:

     Martin

     Coy the data file from your PC to your Mac and open it with GnuCash
     on the Mac.
     You could also store the data file in an online storage location
     (Dropbox or
     similar) or networked storage on your LAN if applicable, so that you
     can open it
     from either system.
     If you have any saved reports you may also want to copy them See
      https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations  for details.

     David Cousens

     On Fri, 2023-02-17 at 12:23 +1300, Martin Taylor wrote:

     > I’ve got 4.13 installed and running on my PC, and I’ve also set up
     4.13 on my
     > Mac.
     >
     > I’ve tried exporting the account tree and transactions from the PC
     to an
     > external drive and then importing them into the Mac but have
     struck a problem
     > with the transaction file where the importer doesn’t recognise the
     date format
     > or the data in the Deposit and Withdrawal columns, and nothing
     I’ve tried has