[GNC] Migrating from PC to Mac

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Fri Feb 17 10:40:45 EST 2023

On 2/16/2023 7:47 PM, Martin Taylor wrote:
> Thanks David
>
> Found the file and have moved it to an iCloud folder. How then do I access it from the Mac?

Let's change the question, and then you might see the answer. Because
your gnucash data file (your gnucash books)  is just a special case of a
more general "move between computers".

Let's say you have a file that is a document produced by a word
processor on your old computer. How do you move THAT to your Mac and how
do you then access if from the a word processor app on your Mac? Why do
you think THIS (moving the file that is your gnucash books) would be any
different? OK now? Note that if you don't know how to do this, moving
your gnucash file is just the tip of the iceberg.

Besides, Martin, if you are migrating from using your old computer to
this Mac, why do you want to move each of your user files (all your
documents, all your pictures, your book marks, etc, etc, (and of course
your gnucash data file) one file at a time? > Shouldn't you rather be
asking "I'm going from this non-Mac PC to a Mac.How do I migrate all my
user data?" Note that I am assuming (though you didn't say) that the
from computer is not also a Mac and is not running under a 'nix
operating system.

Michael D Novack