[GNC] Fields present in invoices?

Simon Roberts simon at dancingcloudservices.com
Mon Jan 2 21:05:04 EST 2023

Ah yes! I just found Edit->Report Options, which at first glance looks like
it'll help a lot.

I also found a bunch of ...hmm, looks like Lisp (which I used to know) but
I think it's actually scheme (which I don't know) files that appear to be
programmatic definitions of these.

I shall tinker and see what happens. Thanks for the pointer Adrien.

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 6:37 PM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> The Options allow you to turn some things on or off explicitly, but they
> are not all-inclusive.
>
> You might want to investigate customizing a stylesheet, but that does
> muck with the workflow to get an invoice report in most cases, resulting
> in lots of clicks.
>
> Using a CSS rule like 'display: none;' on certain fields/elements might
> work.
>
> Otherwise, you'd need to write a custom invoice report, or do
> manipulation outside of GnuCash.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 1/2/23 6:32 PM, Simon Roberts wrote:
> > Still working on the invoice mechanism...
> >
> > Is there any control over the fields displayed, auxiliary text, and
> perhaps
> > the position of fields?
> >
> > When I looked up how to change the appearance of the invoice, the docs
> only
> > seem to talk about adding images.
> >
> > In most cases I don't need "net price", "tax" or "total price" (I almost
> > invariably bill a single "item" on a single invoice). Similarly the
> > "Action", "Quantity", "Unit price", "discount" and "taxable" fields are
> > generally irrelevant for me.
> > On the other hand it would be nice to be able to include the Job
> > description.

Simon Roberts
(303) 249 3613