[GNC] Problem adding a split to a currency conversion.

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jan 3 12:00:55 EST 2023

On 1/3/23 7:08 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> I have the following situation
>
> I'm in the UK, where the currency is GBP
> A customer in Poland paid $540 for consultancy via Zoom. He paid in
> advance, so I've not added him as a customer under the business features.
Murugan answered the main question on how to complete the transaction,
but I'm curious:

Will this customer ever pay after receiving an invoice, rather than in
advance?

Will you ever want a 'statement' of his activity?

If so, I'd treat him as a customer using the Business Features. If not,
regular transactions are fine. I'm sure some folks have customers and
vendors but never use the business features at all. (they are not
strictly necessary, just convenient in some cases) Activity 'statements'
are still possible, but take a bit more work with manual transactions.

Again, the route you take depends on your taste for convenience and
tolerance for clicks. (You can always transition a customer or vendor
without having to start over every time—just re-enter the historical
data in the other format and then delete the old.)

However, if you did raise an invoice, the payment in this case requires
a few more clicks. You have to make the payment first, then edit it to
reflect the service charge. The end result will be the same though.
(this is true of any 'business' payments where a part is not collected
by you for whatever reason and is not limited to multi-currency
transactions.)

Regards,
Adrien