[GNC] QIF format for StkSplit

ml at tgr66.me ml at tgr66.me
Thu Jan 5 15:17:51 EST 2023

Yes. I missed adding that to the list I’ve tried.

In the full work minimal example below, the share balance ends up at 1.2

!Account
NAssets:Investments:Brokerage Account:Joint Brokerage
TInvst
^
!Type:Bank
D01/11/2020
NPayment/Deposit
PTrf My Bank
CX
T1,000.00
MDeposit
LAssets:Current Assets:My Bank
^
!Type:Invst
D12/2/2021
NBuy
PXYZ, INC
YXYZ
I150
T450
Q3
CR
M3 shares @ 150; Nothing to see here
^
!Type:Invst
D1/1/2022
NStkSplit
PXYZ, INC
YXYZ
CR
Q4
M4 for 1 split
^

Then I changed Q to 40 and while I end up with the correct balance (GnuCash creates two transactions, one removing the original three shares, and the second adding 12 shares), I have no idea if that is just luck or if I’ve stumbled on new math :-)

I’ll experiment some more.