[GNC] Request for Automatic Reconciliation Function

Bite Gao redfrog2000 at outlook.com
Fri Jan 6 20:22:18 EST 2023

GnuCash Developers and Maintainers:
   Hello! While you pinpoint out the possibility of a mistake in
automated process, it did not eliminate the meaning of the automatic
reconciliation.
   What an automatic reconciliation does is: the program concatenates
the transaction's date, check number and the transaction amount from
both the bank statement and the GnuCash file. For each split record in
the GnuCash file, the program scan for its counterpart in the bank
statement. And when the counterpart is found, the program marks the
split as reconciled.
   Personally, I do not found that how computer program could make
mistake in this process. If you believe that the computer could have
that happen, I would like to learn the detail about it.

   Yours,

    Bite Gao
Jan 7th, 2021