[GNC] Variables in Scheduled transactions

Stan Brown (using GC 2.6.19) stan+gnucash at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 7 13:23:45 EST 2023

Update -- 2.6.19 does prompt only once per variable, after all.

I thought it did, because, when the transaction fires, the UI for
prompting for an amount and accepting is pretty confusing (to me,
anyway). I entered the amount and clicked the OK button, but was
immediately prompted again for the same variable. By experimentation I
found that I have to press Enter after entering the amount, and _then_
click OK. (I'm using 2.6.19, so maybe the interface is a little clearer
in later versions.)

Now that I understand how the interface works, I have set up my mortgage
payment transaction as described below, and tested it successfully with
"Since Last Run".

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com