[GNC] Will adding a transaction dated earlier than the last reconciliation cause a problem?

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:14:19 EST 2023

Minor Transactions
Accountants may sometimes deem minor transactions to be immaterial. This
may happen when a financial controller is attempting to close the books
for a particular accounting period. Accountants can choose to omit minor
transactions from the final calculations if they would have an
immaterial impact on the overall financial statements.

https://uk.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/materiality-in-accounting

So, do whatever works efficiently for you.  The time you spend
contemplating the "correct" date for a 60p transaction is far better
spent on what you do best - running your business.

(Not so long ago this would have been accounted for out of a bucket
called "petty cash" and reconciled once every month or so.)

Regards

Geoff
=====