[GNC] Trial balance

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jan 8 12:34:27 EST 2023

> On Jan 8, 2023, at 2:47 AM, David T. via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> As I understand it, the Trial Balance report is As Of A Date, and therefore cumulative to that date. Not sure why the report includes start and end dates in that circumstance, except to follow settings provided by other reports.

The start date is used to set a date range with end date for filtering out book-closing and adjusting splits according to patterns set on the Entries page of report options. The default values are descriptions "Closing Entries" and "Adjusting Entries" respectively. For all other purposes only the end date matters.

Regards,
John Ralls