[GNC] gnucash on debian

Anne Possoz anne.possoz at seniors.epfl.ch
Mon Jan 9 19:10:41 EST 2023

Thanks for a quick answer Mattia,

As far as I remember, I had to move from mate to gnome to have
it reasonably starting. But I feel so bad under gnome.

My biggest problem is that my accounts are in CHF and to get
that read that I need to change my locale, what I never do
as I run all my software in english (so much better when
you need google in case of trouble) and just define the language
inside the program. From what I experimented and read here or there,
I have to configure it globally.
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-help/chang-lang.html

And no matter what I tried, instead of CHF (for swiss francs)
I had SFr.

With your feedback, I'll restart my experiment on a fresh install
of bullseye (or maybe unstable).

Thanks.