[GNC] Sort order not being maintained

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 00:13:30 EST 2023

I think that register sort order, register window size/column widths,
memorized reports, open report window details and memorized CSV import
settings all only get saved when doing a manual program Quit, but not when
dining a File Save or when the program crashes.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 10:28 PM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Oddly, after an unrelated crash, upon restarting GnuCash, the sort order
> was back to what I had tested, rather than what I had last used. I had
> to change the order again with the 'save' preference checkbox, exit
> GnuCash cleanly, then re-open for it to stick. (so far)
>
> I suppose I shouldn't expect such prefs to persist after a crash...
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 1/6/23 9:28 AM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> > I just tested using 4.13 on Mac. It works properly there.
> >
> > I tested closing the register I sorted, then re-opening.
> > I then tested closing GnuCash and re-opening.
> >
> > In both cases, the sort order was retained. (I tested with your options
> > of Date, Reverse, & Save)
> >
> > Try 4.13?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> > On 1/6/23 8:46 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> >> I'm running GnuCash 4.12 on both linux and Windoze - mainly on Windoze
> >> laptop, as my desktop PC uses 200 W of power when idle, plus whatever
> the
> >> monitor uses.
> >>
> >> I keep sorting the bank account, or other accounts, but the sort order
> >> keeps being lost, despite me ticking the box to keep the sort order. See
> >> attachment.
> >>
> >> Is there anyway I can set this sort order for every account once and
> >> forget
> >> it?

David Carlson