[GNC] Sort order not being maintained

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 04:35:38 EST 2023

Be very careful with sort order in release 4.13.  I have a problem with a
nightly build made on Jan 7 where it is not possible to correctly restore
the sort back to the standard order after making a change.  I am not sure
if that issue started after 4.13 was released.  Luckily  it was on a test
file so I didn't need to go to a backup to recover.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 2:38 AM Dr. David Kirkby <
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 at 04:27, Adrien Monteleone <
> adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> > Oddly, after an unrelated crash, upon restarting GnuCash, the sort order
> > was back to what I had tested, rather than what I had last used. I had
> > to change the order again with the 'save'  .
>

> (so far)
> >
> > I suppose I shouldn't expect such prefs to persist after a crash...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
>

> Il am losing the sort order even if the program doesn’t crash. I should
> have replied earlier to state I was still getting the problem in 4.13.
>
> I did look at the release notes in 4.13 and didn’t see any significant
> differences to 4.12, so that’s why I didn’t bother upgrading until you
> suggested that I did so. Initially I thought the upgrade had solved the
> problem, but it hasn’t.
>
> Dave
> --
> Dr. David Kirkby,
> Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
> drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
> https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
> Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100
>
> Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
> Registered office:
> Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
> Kingdom

David Carlson