[GNC] Recommended Method of Entry for IRA Distributions

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 23:55:42 EST 2023

Two separate entries. In my mind, this would best be put in one transaction, to make the association obvious.

CR - Assets: IRA $1000
DB - Assets: Checking $1000
DB - Income: Deferred Income $1000
CR - Income: IRA Distribution $1000 *

* Income: IRA Distribution is used to document the distribution for tax purposes.

⁣David T. ​