[GNC] Recommended Method of Entry for IRA Distributions

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:57:04 EST 2023

Sorry about "category" versus "account" -- I still, after 7 years, have
Quicken habits... but I would argue that many people see an "account" as
something that has both debits and credits (like a bank account), as
opposed to "categories", which, for the most part, only have credits or
debits (like "Groceries" or "Salary"). I do know that they are actually
accounts, and I like that.

While this may not be "Income" in the accounting sense, it is income in the
practical sense... but of course you are correct that the net worth isn't
changing; it's just a transfer of assets, like paying off a credit card or
making a house payment.