[GNC] Advice on investment accounts

Murugan Muruganandam m.muruganandam at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:38:01 EST 2023

hi Steve

Gnucash supports pension funds tracking fully. and i  handle the pension investment as a mutual fund and register my monthly contribution as units invested by the pension operator. (not sure how it is done at your place).  The fund prices are always published by companies and you can use the Price database under tools to update the pricing.

You can use the Advanced Portfolio Report to view your fund performance.  if you want for a specific date, you can click on opitons and choose the date you want to view the results.

The loss or profit on the fund is always un realised and should not be taken to Income or Expense account unless you are drawing down any units.

Saludos Cordiales

Murugan