[GNC] 4.13 Version not in downloads

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 20 15:08:48 EST 2023

> On Jan 19, 2023, at 5:55 AM, Jan via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hi guys - After decades of using Quicken 2002, it's no longer running on my
> newer laptops and I need to find a good long-term alternative. GnuCash seems
> like the right thing, but I'm already struggling with the setup download: It
> says on Download | GnuCash <https://www.gnucash.org/download.phtml>  that
> 4.13 is the latest stable version, but once I click on the Windows version,
> GnuCash - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/>  tells me that ".
> 4.13.setup.exe file could not be found". The latest stable downloadable
> version I can see is 4.6. Was 4.13 removed for a good reason or just a
> mistake? Which version should I download (and do I need only the setup file
> or also the others in the same folder)? Thanks for your help, Jan

You asked that yesterday and I responded that I'd originally had a problem but that it seemed to have resolved itself. I tried again just now and the download link on the website worked as expected.

In case it's still not working for you, the direct download link is https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%29/4.13/gnucash-4.13.setup.exe/download

gnucash-4.13.setup.exe is an MSWindows installer. The other files in the directory are Gnucash-Intel-4.13-2.dmg, which is for macOS, and source tarballs for people who want to build GnuCash themselves. You only need gnucash-4.13-setup.exe to install GnuCash on MSWindows.

Regards,
John Ralls