[GNC] Questions about setting up new accounts from brand new user

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jan 23 13:36:43 EST 2023

Ann, that isn't the latest, nor official documentation.

For that, see https://gnucash.org/docs.phtml (the Documentation link
from the left-hand menu under either Downloads or Support)

There is the 'Help' and the 'Tutorial & Concepts Guide'.

Both should be accessible from the Help menu when running GnuCash as well.

-----
*The Read the Docs version was created 3 years ago as a proof of concept
for a different formatting and delivery means for the documentation but
was not necessarily intended as 'ready for public consumption'. It has
not been adopted for official use by the developers as of yet, and is
not maintained or kept up to date. (and appears to be quite incomplete
as well)

-----
If you read the official documentation, it describes an Account creation
wizard that helps you get the basic accounts set up to get you started.
If it did not run initially for some reason, you can proceed without it
and individually create accounts, or try starting a new file to see if
it will trigger the wizard. If it does not, report back here and we can
help.

Regards,
Adrien