[GNC] Is this a wacky idea?

Simon Roberts simon at dancingcloudservices.com
Sat Jan 28 18:17:11 EST 2023

Wow, does the state pay for your CPAs time doing that rekeying? That's a
major reason I'm looking at this. I want them to have instant access, easy
navigation, searching, and cross referencing, without having to run what I
call "hostageware" -- you all know, I'm sure, to which organizations I'm
referring :)

Fortunately, Colorado has no such evil requirements!

On Sat, Jan 28, 2023 at 2:48 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jan 2023, Liz Dodd wrote:
>
> >> I envisage burning a CDROM with the books, and a Windows distribution
> >> of GNC, hopefully so they can simply put the disk in and click to run.
> >> Obviously, the books will be read-only in that event, but they'd be
> >> navigable.
>
> > I do it, and the year I didn't provide the .exe file I got asked for
> > it. That was related to Covid lockdown and sending the files
> > electronically, instead of my usual CD-ROM
>
> I've not followed this whole thread, so excuse me for jumping in. I've run
> my business using only linux since 1997 and gnucash for most of that time.
> I've sent business and personal end-of-year financials to my CPAs as PDF
> files ... generated by gnucash, with scanned supporting documents. As of
> last year I'm completely paperless. Saves a lot of file draw space. :-)
>
> Here in Oregon CPAs must use the state's software which limps along on only
> Windows, so no matter whatever form the client data arrives they have to
> rekey it. I suppose the feds have the same requirement.
>
> It's never been an issue.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rich

Simon Roberts