[GNC] HELP! Invoice Stylesheet, how to? V4.8

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sun Jul 2 19:41:58 EDT 2023

At Sun, 2 Jul 2023 17:41:48 -0500 adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net wrote:

> Try:
>
> Edit > Style Sheets > New > Template = CSS, give it a name,
>
> then copy/paste your CSS code.

This does not help me -- my changes add some HTML, not CSS.  I've found CSS
really tricky and very hard to get what I want.

CSS is good (sort of) for changing how something looks, but` it is not so good
for adding content. I *guess* that might be possible, but that is beyond my
ability -- I'm a programmer, not a web designer (misquoting Dr. McCoy).

What you are saying there is no way of doing this (anymore)?  It used to work
and I have code that probably should still work, but there is no way loading
it?

> I'm not sure how to go about it via config.user or outside of the GUI.
>
> The above method should allow you to select it in reports. If you set a
> particular invoice template to use it, you can then set that template as
> a default for easy future use. (without resorting to a Saved Report
> Configuration)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 7/2/23 2:54 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
> > OK, I have created a new stylesheet renderer, but how to I get it into the
> > menus?
> >
> > I have this in ~/.local/share/gnucash/config.user:
> >
> > ;; Hacked from: /usr/local/share/guile/site/3.0/gnucash/report/stylesheets/footer.scm
> > (load "/home/heller/gnucash/dws-stylesheet.scm")
> >
> > ;; copied and hacked from ~/.local/share/gnucash/stylesheets-2.0
> > (let ((template (gnc:html-style-sheet-template-find "DWS")))
> >    (if template
> >      (let ((options ((gnc:html-style-sheet-template-options-generator template))))
> >
> >   (gnc:restore-html-style-sheet "Deepwoods Software Stylesheet" "DWS" options))))
> >
> > But my stylesheet is not showing up anywhere... not getting any errors or
> > messages (other then telling me about finding Finance::Quote version 1.51).
> >
> > (Is ~/.local/share/gnucash/config.user the correct file to put the load in?)

Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364