[GNC] Transferring mutual funds

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 20:20:43 EDT 2023

On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 at 05:16, AC <gnucash at acarver.net> wrote:

> I just took a look at the Advanced Portfolio report to see what GC
> thought about what I had done. It does appear that the basis was lost as
> part of the transfer because for each of the funds that transferred over
> the new basis is exactly the value at the time of the transfer instead
> of the original basis.

I believe the advanced portfolio, portfolio, and IFRS weighted-average cost
basis reports all analyze a stock *account'*s old transactions to determine
basis.

Therefore, if you create a lateral transfer from BrokerA:STOCK to
BrokerB:STOCK, it is not surprising that the basis is lost.

The solution will be to calculate any gains manually.