[GNC] Finance::Quote - AlphaVantage Trade Currencies

Brad Morrison bradmorrison at sonic.net
Mon Jul 17 06:48:25 EDT 2023

Hi Bruce/all,

Thank you for all your hard work with F::Q!

Does it also make sense to post this situation & question to the other 6
GnuCash Mailman 2 mailing lists that are not in English?
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists &

I have never used F::Q in GnuCash (or at all), so maybe my point is
useless or maybe you already are signed up for those other language
lists. I was just thinking that there may be many more users of AV for
non-US traded securities on the other language lists than English - ?

In my work for a tax & wealth management firm (on the tax side), I most
frequently interact with non-US traded stocks when an IRS form 1099DIV
(https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1099-div) or 1099B
(https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1099-b) indicates that
foreign taxes were paid and my role is account for those foreign taxes
paid & to determine whether an IRS form 1116
(https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1116) is needed.

While I am mentioning the GnuCash mailing lists, does anyone know if
there are plans to upgrade from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3?
https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/ &
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Mailman

2.5 securities per minute seems really slow!

Brad