[GNC] Another try at "How to record payments for several items paid with a single transaction?"

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Jul 24 07:34:58 EDT 2023

On Monday, 24 July 2023 12:05:24 BST Chris Green wrote:

> Can someone run me through how to do this, i.e. enter something like
> the above where there are three items making up a single transaction
> from 'cashInPocket' to 'shopkeeper'.

OK.  I've opened my petty cash account from the CoA. ( I default to Auto-split
and double line view.)

The date for a new blank transaction is highlit.
press tab, twice.
Type your description (Sweets-U-Like)
press Tab.  Enter a memo or note if you wish.
press tab.
A new split is created.
pres tab.  Enter your line item (bought sweets)
press tab 3 times
Enter 3.49 in the credit column
press tab twice. a new split is created
enter Bubblegum.
press tab
Enter the expense account (Expense:sweets)  (I'm using misc)
press tab.. enter £1 in the debit column
press tab 3 times.  A new split is created
enter chocolate press tab.  put £1.50 in the debit column.
press tab twice....<SCREENSHOT TAKEN>. and repeat until you have 3.40 of
assorted delicious confectionary.  Then press Enter to commit the transaction.

good luck.
Maf.