[GNC] Cannot write to file a new wrinkle

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Jul 30 08:06:52 EDT 2023

That means you have opened GnuCash with a new blank file.

I'd go recover that 'offending file' pronto!

(note, the one you gave a file name for ended in .gnucash which is a
book file, and it might have been your current active file)

Once you've resolved that, please report back the full name of the file.
(file path not needed)

And while you're doing that, do you have any other '.gnucash' files in
that folder/directory?

If so, can you provide a screenshot of Windows Explorer showing the list
of files? (be sure to use the 'full details' view so we can see file
creation and modification dates. You might need to 'turn on' one or both
of those columns')

Regards,
Adrien