[GNC] Hard-Copy Report Output

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 05:09:35 EDT 2023

I have never been able to get a satisdactory hard-copy output of reports
directly from Gnucash (running under Ubuntu).

In GnuCash 2.19 I was at least able to  export to HTML which gave me
more control over the printing process, and even allowed me to edit the
HTML if needed and had the added benefit of giving me a digital copy to
archive.

However, in GC 4.14 under Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS, the exported HTML no
longer includes the graphics, making many of the exported reports useless.

I have therefore again tried printing directly from GC, but the printout
is always in portrait mode, resulting in truncation of the output.

I have tried setting landscape mode in both the GC "Page Setup" dialog
and in the "Page Setup" dialog of the "Print Report" dialog, but both
are ignored.

I have also tried "Any Printer", "Print to LPR" and "MFCJ5955DW" (my
printer, connected via LAN) in the GC "Page Setup" dialog, to no effect.

I also treid "Print to file", but the resulting PDF is also portrait
mode and truncated, even though I specifed landscape in both the GC
"Page Setup" dialog and the "Page Setup" tab of the "Print Report" dialog.

How can I get a usable hard-copy report?

Thanks in advance for any tips!