[GNC] Rounded Up/Down Share Purchase with Dividend

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 17:43:15 EDT 2023

Hi xboxboy.mageia,

In my experience, Australian companies usually retain the difference between the total dividend and the value of the integer no of shares reinvested for you.
I track this value for each share in an asset account called
Assets:Investments:Residual:[Share Code]
The opening and closing residual value usually shows on each dividend.
I think some companies allow you to specify to donate this residual to charity.
If that is not your preference, most companies return the residual value to your dividend bank account when you change to having 0% of your dividend reinvested.

Regards,

Chris Good