[GNC] Merging Two Accounts

Matthew Clay mpclay at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 14:39:25 EDT 2023

Dear Gnucash Community,

I am trying to merge two accounts in gnucash by deleting one account and
moving all of its transactions to the other account. This is explained in a
thread "Merging Two Accounts" dated  Mon May 9 17:15:22 EDT 2011. After
selecting "Delete Account", however, the list of destination accounts in
the "Move to" dropdown menu is severely limited, and even after I manually
type in the full path to the destination account, gnucash does not
recognize it. I have tried renaming the accounts and moving them around in
the Assets tree, but I still cannot select my target destination account.

Has anybody experienced this issue?

I am using gnucash 3.8 with build ID 3.8b+(2019-12-29) on an Ubuntu system.

Thanks,
Matthew