[GNC] SQLite slow to load on macOS but not Linux

Colin Arndt colinfarndt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 17:35:45 EDT 2023

To the Gnucash development team,

This issue has been significantly improved in the latest 5.2 release!

As noted below, GnuCash 5.1 on my Mac took about 30 seconds to load. This issue did not happen on my Fedora box - it loaded instantly.

It’s now almost 2x faster (18 seconds). A big win!

Thanks for all your work. If you have any sense of why it would have sped up so much, I’d love to hear.
Colin