[GNC] gnucash - Can't Save file

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Jun 26 13:21:05 EDT 2023

On Monday, 26 June 2023 17:42:21 BST Neil Campbell wrote:
> > The bug has been reported.  Gnucash can't save to a compressed file, the
> > fix is due any day now.  However, 5.1 work fine if you want to upgrade
> > now.
> Really? Please tell me how I can recover over 2 hours of work on GnuCash ver
> 5.2? I mean, is there any way I can recover my changes/input which I will
> lose if I now go back to ver 5.1? I am in limbo at present.
>
> Neil Campbell

Neil,

given that there are 2 workarounds to save your file suggested in the message
posted at 00:29 (UK time) by john Ralls, you have no need to lose 2 hours of
work.

but if you have already lost the chance to save and exited GC without saving,
maybe a log reply will get you some of the lost time back?

HTH,
Maf.