[GNC] Can not resize GnuCash Preferences window

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 00:34:59 EDT 2023

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 8:00 PM Default User <hunguponcontent at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, doing Alt-F7, then moving bit by bit with the arrow keys, did
> work to move the window up, so it can be used to edit the Preferences
> window. I thought I had tried that earlier without success, but maybe I
> just wasn't doing it "right".

Hi -- if your keyboard has a "windows" button on it (usually bottom row,
with ctrl, alt, space bar etc) try holding that button down and then
dragging the window. You can click anywhere in the window and drag it. It
worked for me just now in Ubuntu 23.04, running Wayland.

There are several places where GnuCash probably ought to handle lower
resolutions, but there's a stated minimum resolution the developers test
against, and making it "fit" lower resolutions is unlikely to be a very
high priority. (Years ago I used to regularly run GnuCash on a "netbook"
and there are several uncomfortable areas, especially the application and
report preferences.)

Of course the source is readily available! Maybe this will be the itch you
yearn to scratch.