[GNC] Can't complete "To-Create" scheduled transaction in "Since Last Run"

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 03:59:04 EST 2023

I have a scheduled transaction involving two currencies: a charge in EUR
which is charged to  a CHF credit card.

This has worked in the past.

When the "Since Last Run" dialog appears, it lists this transaction
under "To-Create" and shows:
EUR <-> CHF    (Need value)

When I click on "(Need value)", it turns into what appears to be a text
edit field, where I usually enter an exchange rate.

However, today, no value was accepted, leaving me unable to close the
"Since Last Run" dialog with "OK".

I couldn't find any relevant information in the online
<https://cvs.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/txns-sxn1.html> help in
the included help or on the wiki
<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Scheduled_Transactions>.

How is this supposed to work?

The exchange rate is one of those which is automatically updated each
time the computer starts.

Why can't GnuCash simply use the most recent exchange rate from the
Price Database?

BTW, the included help  has a self-reference in the topic "Since Last
Run Assistant": the link "Scheduled Transactions <xref:#prefs-sched>"
links back to the same topic.

According to KDE Discover, I am running GnuCash 4.13+ released on
2022-12-17 as a flatpak under Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS.

Running:

flatpak run --command=sh org.gnucash.GnuCash
[ org.gnucash.GnuCash ~]$ gnucash --version << as documented on the
wiki <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak> produces: >> GnuCash 4.13
Build ID: Flathub 4.13 <<